Today’s Pop is David and James. This is the first instalment of personal reflections from LFW SS10. Battle of the two B’s. Part two tomorrow!
After too many shows and parties to count (six days of hanging out with Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham, Anna Wintour et al, started to feel comme il faut), Burberry still managed to close the week with a Bang.
The show. The collection went under the name of “twisted classics” featuring brilliant knotted epaulette shoulders, loop knot dresses and braided bodice dresses all set to some folksy music. The finale saw silver flakes raining down on the catwalk in a myriad of lights. Almost christmasy!
The party. Biggest of the week, best of the week. Celebrities came out of the woodwork. Names? Emma Watson, Liv Tyler, Mary-Kate Olsen, Dev Patel, Freida Pinto, Agyness Deyn, Alexa Chung, Anna Wintour, Mario Testino, Victoria Beckham, Harvey Weinstein, pju, can’t be bothered to go on anymore.
- I got mixed up with David Walliams by some foreign pap, only to have the real Walliams turning up around the corner. When I told David W. about it, he thought that was a real insult. To me.
- Christopher Bailey changed clothes at least four times during the night.
- Victoria Beckham stayed at the party for about an hour. She was the only person ushered out through the smoking zone.
- Emma Watson’s poor boyfriend lost Emma for a while and seemed utterly lost. Bless him.
James, the ever present fashion show producer gave us this reflection:
The iconic Scottish knitwear brand just launched a capsule collection under the direction of the Saint Martin’s graduate Louise Goldin. Programmed knits, inspired by Aztec artwork, Louise presented some ultra lightweight summer jacquards. What a fine initiative, more capsules please!
- POP 996 Thursday 13 September 2012
- POP 003/ Thursday, 27 May 2009
- POP 269 Wednesday, 21 April 2010
- POP 097/ Wednesday, 9 September 2009
- POP 143 Saturday, 31 October 2009
You’re currently reading “POP 108/ Thursday, 24 September 2009”, an entry on THEPOP.COM
- 24.09.09 / 9pm
- Agyness Deyn, Alexa Chung, Anna Wintour, ballantyne, Burberry, Christopher Bailey, David Walliams, Dev Patel, Emma Watson, Freida Pinto, Harvey Weinstein, Kate Moss, LFW, Liv Tyler, Louise Goldin, Mary-Kate Olsen, Victoria Beckham